Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The smell of the greasepaint

They're doing a play called South Pacific down at the school next month and my daughter Moonie is going to be the set designer and she asked us if Felix, the little nob, could help her out as an assistant.
I asked Moonie what the play was about and she said it was about Marines in World War II.
I told Cookie that this could be the perfect thing to get Felix's mind off figure skating. Marines and World War II are about as far away from figure skating as you can get.
So of course I ... we, said it was ok.
You know, I'm pretty handy with a hammer and a saw myself, and I thought maybe I could pitch in and lend a hand.
Thank god it's not one of those tutti-fruiti musicals like Cookie dragged me off to see in Halifax that one time when Lexter was a baby and Cookie was pregnant with Darlene and Betty Anne.
For the life of me I can't remember what it was called but it had a lot of singing cats in it, if you can believe that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home